Sue Klug (former President, Albertsons Southern California
Marie Quintana (CEO, Quintana Group)
On this final day of the 2012 Executive Leaders Forum, Sue
Klug and Maria Quintana led an opening assembly that reminded the crowd, "You give and you get.” Those are words that
resonate in any context, and particularly with the NEW Executive Leaders Forum.
The morning then continued with a reflection on the a-ha
moments of this year’s Executive Leaders Forum participants.
Among them were:
- The realization that black women and white women see diversity,
and its importance, differently.
- That women and men see "the glass ceiling” differently.
- Identifying the role of sponsorship in an organization – and the surprise is
that it’s plateauing or declining.
- Recognizing mentoring as the farm league for sponsorship.
- Considering the idea that
relationships between women can be so fraught with conflicted, when they are
also a huge source of support.
The Discovery session then led all participants to noting a significant need: that of taking care of the Network of
Executive Women. The spirit in the room must be taken back to our
companies, our families, our lives.