Multicultural Workforce Conference - 04/21-23/2009
Tuesday, April 21 - Thursday, April 23, 2009
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
2815 Jorie Boulevard
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Leverage today's diverse workforces at NEW's second annual Multicultural Workforce Conference.
Explore best practices to improve recruitment and retention.
Learn how your company can harness the innovation and productivity of today's multicultural workforce.
Seventy-five percent of all new hires into the workforce are women, immigrants and people of color. To succeed, organizations must build cultures where employees from all backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and achieve their maximum potential. And that takes a new kind of leadership.
At the 2009 Multicultural Workforce Conference, HR and diversity/inclusion executives, CPG/retail leaders and emerging leaders will learn how to maximize the multicultural workforce and create cultural change through a unique combination of learning triads and circles, presenters, panel discussions and engagement models.
Important learning opportunities:
* Best practices for multicultural workforce management
* What it takes to create effective multicultural workforce leaders
* How dominant and subordinate group dynamics impact employee engagement
* How cutting-edge organizations are achieving diversity and inclusion on a global basis
Individual, team and organizational benefits:
* Gain practical strategies on ways to build momentum for the cultural change needed to optimize a global multicultural workforce
* Position your company as an employer of choice for the fastest-growing segment of the workforce
* Raise productivity for your current employees
* Reduce turnover costs
* Gain competitive advantage by attracting and retaining the diverse talent needed to drive innovation and connect with customers
Who should attend:
Each company should send learning teams (multiple teams encouraged) comprised of vice presidents and above plus high-potential emerging leaders in the following disciplines:
* Human Resources
* Office of Diversity and Inclusion
* Business Managers
* Line Managers who supervise multicultural employees
* Sponsors of Employee Resource Groups
* Women and men from all ethnic groups who want to build diversity awareness and inclusion at their firms
Tuesday, April 21
6:00pm Welcome reception
Wednesday, April 22
8:00am - 5:00pm Conference sessions
6:30pm - 9:00pm Evening event
Thursday, April 23
8:00am - 12:00pm Conference sessions
Conference ends promptly at noon. Please plan to stay for the entire session.
Please see prospectus for detailed list of keynote speakers and session topics.
$ 995 for employees of NEW's national corporate sponsors
$1,295 for all other NEW members
Open to members only - memberships available online for $200 per year
Please have credit card ready. You must submit credit card payment in order to successfully secure your registration for this event.
Space is limited, Register TODAY!