NEW Rising Stars
A leadership development program for mid-level leaders
NEW Rising Stars is a unique leadership development opportunity for mid-level leaders in the retail, consumer goods and services industry. The program will help mid-career professionals re-energize and expand their leadership capacity.
NEW Rising Stars is anchored on the NEW Career Accelerator Model, created in partnership with the renowned Center for Creative Leadership. The model includes eight leadership competencies and five derailment factors tied to executive success in the retail, consumer goods and services industry.
The highly engaging NEW Rising Stars program provides straightforward feedback and practical learning on the skills necessary to succeed in mid-career positions and to advance in the industry. This career catalyst includes two one-day, in-person sessions with leading business experts and executive coaches; five interactive, competency-building webinars; 360-degree skill assessment; and group coaching. *A special, online-only experience includes learning webinars, 360-skills assessment and online group coaching.
Participants will discover insights into their own leadership journeys, leading to greater recognition and career success.
NEW Rising Stars offers a unique experience, including
- Increase self-awareness through insightful feedback on job-related strengths and areas for development
- Advance individual knowledge of breakthrough industry trends
- Expand network of like-minded industry professionals
Participants can expect to
- Explore how to make effective decisions and sharpen their influence
- Complete a 360 assessment and develop a grounded approach for long-term development
- Work with an executive coach in a group setting for five months
- Learn how to create and use networks as a source of information and power
- Develop networking relationships with senior executives, subject-matter experts and other high-potential talent across the industry
- Get real-time market forecasts for the retail, consumer goods and services industry
Who should participate
- Mid-level managers or experienced individual contributors in the retail, consumer goods and services industry
- Mid-career professionals with at least 3-5 years of experience
- Women with aspirations to contribute at a higher level
- Mid-level leaders with a willingness to listen, learn and be challenged to grow and achieve professional excellence
Tuition and registration
Tuition for the NEW Rising Stars full program is $2,995 per participant. Travel and lodging expenses for the two on-site meetings are not included. Tuition for a special, online-only experience that includes six learning webinars and on-line group coaching is $1,475.
Registration closes March 6, 2017. NEW Rising Stars is limited to 175 full-program participants.
Full refunds will be made for cancellations before March 10, 2017. A 50-percent refund will be made for cancellations before April 21, 2017. Participants may transfer their NEW Rising Stars registration to a NEW member in their organization until April 7, 2017. Transfer requests submitted after March 6, 2017 will incur a $175 service fee, which will be charged to the original credit card used. Click here to request a cancellation or transfer.
Contact NEW Director of Corporate Partnerships Julie Janckila for program details.
Contact NEW Manager of Database and Member Services Angela Reed for registration help.