Frequently asked questions
Can I invite colleagues to watch with me?
Yes. To make the most of the webinars, we recommend gathering colleagues to watch with you in an office or conference room. Schedule a group discussion immediately after the webinar; we will provide discussion questions.
What are the webinar system requirements?
We use GoToMeeting’s GoToWebinar system. To participate, you will need:
- High speed internet access: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended.
- Long-distance toll phone to listen via teleconference or computer audio speakers to listen to streaming audio. (NOTE: Telephone provides better quality audio for most participants.)
- Required: Windows 7 or newer, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
- Required: Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion®) or newer
- Required: iPad® 2 or newer, iPhone® 3GS or newer, iPod® Touch (3rd generation) or newer.
- Operating system iOS 7 or newer. WiFi recommended for VoIP. Free GoToMeeting App from the App Store.
- Required: Android 2.2 or higher, 1Ghz CPU or higher recommended. WiFi recommended for VoIP. Free GoToMeeting App from the Google Play Store.
Can I test the webinar system before the series begins?
If you have not used GoToWebinar before, we highly recommend running a system test to ensure you can log in, view the presentation and listen to audio. Call GoToWebinar support at 800 263 6317 or +1 805 617 7000 to request a quick test.
If you encounter technical difficulties that prevent you from joining the webinars, check the pre-webinar reminder emails for a link to download the PowerPoint presentation and manually view the slides, while calling into the teleconference.
We cannot guarantee the webinar will work with your system. If you require technical assistance joining a webinar, please call GoToWebinar support at 800 263 6317 or +1 805 617 7000.
Is there a toll-free phone number for the conference call?
To keep the cost of our free webinar programs low, we will not be providing a toll-free conference call number.
Instead, you may elect to listen via streaming audio from your computer speakers to avoid long-distance call costs. We recommend a webinar system test to test your speakers and determine which audio mode works best for you.
Can I attend webinars from outside the United States?
Yes. To join the conference call, local toll numbers are provided for the following countries: United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
Will the webinars be recorded?
Webinars will be recorded and posted in our Study Hall.
Can I get a copy of the PowerPoint presentation used in the webinar?
Yes. To receive the PowerPoint presentation, you must sign in and pre-register in the GoToWebinar system prior to the live webinar event. After pre-registering, you will receive reminder emails that include a link to download the PowerPoint presentation.
I’m having audio difficulties. What can I do to improve the sound quality?
If you are participating in a live webinar, we recommend using the teleconference phone line for a better-quality audio connection. Internet connection is often the main source of audio problems.
To test the sound quality of live webinars or recorded sessions via Internet connection, you may wish to join a GoToMeeting test session.
You may also optimize sound quality by running the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard.
For additional technical suggestions, feel free to contact GoToMeeting customer service directly.
How can I ask questions during a webinar?
Our webinars are popular and attract hundreds of attendees. To provide the highest quality audio, you will join in “listen-only” mode and your line will be muted. Only the webinar facilitator can un-mute your line.
We encourage you to submit questions to the speakers using our live chat function:
- After signing in to GoToWebinar for the live webinar, locate the Questions tab.
- Type your question into the Questions tab to submit a question to the facilitator.
Email Angela Reed at the Network of Executive Women for registration and group training questions.
Tell us what you think and give us your ideas for future NEW Leadership Academy content.