Please join NEW Atlanta for a Panel Discussion on the Asian American Experience and Anti-Asian Racism and Violence.
We’ve assembled a diverse panel of Asian-American women who are leading the charge to drive change and elevate underrepresented voices. These women are disrupting patterns and driving change through advocacy, education, career achievement and social action. The panelists will discuss how they found their voice, and how they are helping others to find their voice and to move into action as an ally.
Goals of the Session:
- Understand the panelist’s stories, backgrounds, and their experiences of prejudice and racism
- Discussion around the “model minority myth”
- Understand CAPAWs (Center for Asian Pacific American Women) mission and work to advance women leaders
- Share examples of allyship, support and advocacy for the AAPI community
- Sue Ann Hong President & CEO, Center for Asian Pacific American Women (CAPAW)
- Alice Chi Martin Vice President, Transformation Office, Starbucks
- Allison Lin Vice President, Procurement & Sustainability Westfall Technik
Ebony Wyatt, Director of Sales, General Mills & Founder, Ebony Wyatt Speaks LLC
Virtual Meeting URL
Click the “Add to Calendar” link in the Order Summary or confirmation email to automatically receive the Zoom link.