Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory
NEW takes the safety of our community very seriously. This is especially the case during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The information below details adjustments we have made or considerations around our planned in-person events.
Update August 28, 2020: The Network of Executive Women will not host any live events through the end of 2020. The criteria we continue to evaluate includes clarity around mitigated health risk for large events and gatherings, stay-at-home orders ending in all states, and employees of our partner organizations being at liberty to participate in large gatherings.
- NEW Leadership Summit national conference will be hosted as a virtual experience on September 30 – October 1.
- NEW Executive Leadership Lab has been rescheduled to have a program start date of September 15-18, 2020. The second in-person meeting was pushed back to February 2-4, 2021.
- NEW Regional Events are actively being converted to virtual engagements to support our community staying engaged in your leadership development journey.
Please monitor our registration pages for any updates to events including changes to program format. NEW’s refund policy is stated on our event registration pages.
Additional safety precautions we’re taking:
- Working in partnership with our venues to arrange increased cleaning throughout events.
- Making hand sanitization products available throughout venues to help people ensure good hand hygiene.
- Ensuring EMTs are accessible to address any health concerns.
- Displaying the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO regarding hygiene and prevention.
- Continuing to review and update these precautionary measures in line with CDC and WHO guidance.
In addition, NEW is:
- Adhering to the travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to follow CDC guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses of any kind:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer which is at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay in your hotel room or at home if you feel ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates on this page.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org