Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory
NEW takes the safety of our community very seriously. This is especially the case during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The information below details adjustments we have made or considerations around our planned in-person events.
Update May 27, 2020: The Network of Executive Women will not be hosting any live events in the upcoming weeks. The criteria we continue to evaluate includes clarity around mitigated health risk for large events and gatherings, stay-at-home orders having ended in all states, and employees of our partner organizations being at liberty to participate in large gatherings. At this time, we have updated status for upcoming events:
-NEW Executive Forum national conference will be hosted as a one-day virtual experience on Wednesday July 30 instead of a three-day event in Austin, TX.
-NEW Leadership Summit remains scheduled for Tuesday September 29 – Thursday October 1 in Dallas, TX. We are continuing to monitor circumstances and still plan to host a Summit conference event. The event format is to be determined, whether it will be fully virtual or a hybrid of virtual and live if there is a possibility of in-person participation.
-NEW Executive Leadership Lab has been rescheduled to have a program start date of September 15-18, 2020. The second in-person meeting was pushed back to February 2-4, 2021. We will continue to monitor the feasibility of hosting an in-person event in September 2020.
-NEW Regional Events are actively being converted to virtual engagements to support our community in staying engaged in your leadership development journey.
-NEW Rising Stars has been converted to a virtual event that will run May 19 - 21, 2020. See the April 3 update details below.
We will continue to monitor recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. Please monitor our registration pages for any updates to events including changes to program format. NEW’s refund policy is stated on our event registration pages.
Update April 3, 2020, regarding Rising Stars: we have made the difficult decision to migrate to a virtual experience due to circumstances related to the Covid-19 pandemic. NEW believes that continued leadership development is vital to provide throughout this emergency situation and for the future as business returns to normal.
Over the past few weeks, we have been diligently working to build out the most effective virtual learning program that will capture the value and personal experience of the live-hosted Rising Stars conference.
Our virtual program will feature:
- The RS star virtual program will still be held over May 19 - 21, 2020
- The virtual program will include engaging, interactive elements designed to optimize learning and impactful participation
- All speakers and keynotes will remain in the program
- Executive 1:1 coaching and live coaching connects will still occur via video
- We will also offer an optional in-person experience in June of 2021 in Phoenix, AZ at the JW Marriott in conjunction with the 2021 Rising Stars program at no additional cost for program (excluding T&E).
Additional safety precautions we’re taking:
- Working in partnership with our venues to arrange increased cleaning throughout events.
- Making hand sanitization products available throughout venues to help people ensure good hand hygiene.
- Ensuring EMTs are accessible to address any health concerns.
- Displaying the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO regarding hygiene and prevention.
- Continuing to review and update these precautionary measures in line with CDC and WHO guidance.
In addition, NEW is:
- Adhering to the travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to follow CDC guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses of any kind:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer which is at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay in your hotel room or at home if you feel ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates on this page.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com